cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Explain This to me. Very confused.

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Please Explain This to me. Very confused.

I have been monitoring credit karma to wait for two collections to be deleted so I could then pull my actual fico score. Today the collections dropped off so I pulled my fico. The two collections dropped off and one account (Discover) was added. I only have one paid collection left that will be deleted next month. For some reason my score DROPPED 6 points. I was actually expecting a nice bump. I was very confused and quickly pulled up my old report from december to review and my new report is saying my paying history is "not good" this month after being "good" last month. This is AFTER having two collections completely deleted. I checked and everything else is the same. Utilization is actually lower and all accounts are in good standing. No additional inquiries. Please help me! So confused!

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Please Explain This to me. Very confused.

So if two collections dropped off and one account was added, which was the Discover account.   Could be based off of two things, because the 2 collections were dropped off they probably had a long credit length of history versus  that Discover account.  Also it could be the balance on that Discover, remember collections and revolving credit are two different things are weight differently on your credit report.  Maybe someone has a better answer.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

I would agree that the previous post is a good guess.

Also, getting rid of two collections is a good step in the right direction but you won't see a big help until you have no collections.

Also, don't worry too much about a point loss of 6 points. Best to think of a change of 6 points in either direction as NO CHANGE.

Clean the reports up and your score will go up at some point.

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sure AAoA took a good hit.   It's 2 baddies gone and a good TL added.  Big improvement to your CR.  Just keep the process going and the scores will follow.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.