cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP! On the phone with Transunion NOW, quick advice please!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Please HELP! On the phone with Transunion NOW, quick advice please!

Hi I am on hold right now with transunion and they are saying that ACS/JP morgan is no longer listed as a collection account but as a negative account and they are not required to follow DOFD guidelines, they can file with CRA with last known activity. Is this true!!!! They are claiming that my last activity was in 2011 and that they will not age off until 2019 now! I am so upset. I still forced him to file the dispute but he said it will not help.

A collection is still a collection agaency right? No matter how they file?

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please HELP! On the phone with Transunion NOW, quick advice please!

@izzesparks wrote:

Hi I am on hold right now with transunion and they are saying that ACS/JP morgan is no longer listed as a collection account but as a negative account and they are not required to follow DOFD guidelines, they can file with CRA with last known activity. Is this true!!!! They are claiming that my last activity was in 2011 and that they will not age off until 2019 now! I am so upset. I still forced him to file the dispute but he said it will not help.

A collection is still a collection agaency right? No matter how they file?

The FCRA is very clear on the DoFD being the date that CRTP is calculated anyone saying anything else is wrong and I would send an ITS letter to the creditor (Intent to sue). The DoLA has no relevance or bearing on CRTP. A CA has to operate from the OCs DoFD no exceptions. You can also file a CFPB complaint if you dont want to send the ITS as a first line of defense.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.