Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help Me

Ok...Im about tired of this whole process...But here it goes.. I have a med collection thats already been verfied with CRA and I know its a bill of mine--Im going to settle for 35% less of the bill for settlement paid in full....There going to send me this settlement in the mail ...They said they will and have never done PFD, blah blah blah...Anyways from my understanding this Med CA is apart of the hospital, (employees checks are paid by this hospital) and there located in the same building--My question is if I make a money order out to the hospital instead of adding the collections name on it, can they still cash it and will I be able to remove the med collection using the Hippa Letter...Everytime I asked for her to send some info to the hopsital and see if they would settle for less, she would say we are the hospital.....However my collection from Myfico looks like below..

Collection on debt to: Med1 St M Hospital

The collection agency "M" was hired to collect a debt of $5109 originally owed to "Med1 St Hospital" on account number "XXX****".

Collection agency [?]

M

Original balance [?]

$5,109

Current balance [?]

$5,109

Status [?]

Not Reported

Date assigned [?]

Feb 06, 2008

Date reported [?]

Dec 01, 2008

Date last active [?]

Not Reported

Date paid [?]

Not Reported

Date closed [?]

Not Reported

Original lender [?]

Med1 St Hospitl

Account number [?]

XXX****

Type of account [?]

Not Reported

Account holder [?]

Individual

Type of credit [?]

Not Reported

Payment status [?]

Not Reported

Largest past balance [?]

Not Reported

Amount past due [?]

Not Reported

Account descriptions [?]

Not Reported

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help Me

Maybe I should just ask a short simple question..

When I pay this medical account for the settlement/paid full offer. No matter if it has the CA or OC name...When I get ready to send Hippa letter to CRA, are they suppose to remove that med collection showing up on my credit report???????????

Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do not start the HIPAA process unless you have the funds to pay it in full. Since the collection is not paid, there's no guarantee it will be deleted, rather you send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter or not.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So your saying if I pay the amount that the collection agency is willing to consider paid in full....After its paid, I cant send the Hippa Letter to CRA to get have that paid med collection removed?
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No, I'm not saying this. What I'm saying is never start the HIPAA process on an unpaid collection if you don't have the funds to pay it in full, if you have to. You supposedly owe more than 5K, starting the HIPAA process on a debt this large could get you sued. If that happens, it's very difficult to get a medical judgment off of your reports, no matter if it's paid or not.

If you are certain they will have an agreement on their letterhead that clearly states the settled amount you pay will ensure the collection reports paid with a $0 balance, then you might want to use this option. If it works out and they report it as paid with a $0 balance, make sure you follow the the first few steps of the HIPAA process to a T. Opting out will help prevent another CA or JBD from trying to collect the unpaid portion of the collection that you DO NOT owe.

There are no guarantees with the HIPAA process. Some people have their paid collections removed after writing the pre-HIPAA letter, others have to write many more letters. I'm just curious, which CRA(s) is reporting this med coll? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The company is called MedPac, It seems to be an internal collection agecny within the hospital....They have agreed to settle for a lower amount as paid in full for the account...She said they would mail me out the agreement yesterday..And I have 30days to pay..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.