Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help error on report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help error on report.

I was approved for Amax gold and Amax blue cash reward and been using them both about  three weeks later a collection account for $49 is now reporting on my credit report. After I called the collection company and informed them that I paid this account on 12/11/12 and I wanted this account removed, they said they will updated the account as paid, I told her NO to remove it because it was paid to the original creditor in dec before they received the account, because I was having such a hard time with the collection company I called the original creditor and told them what was going on, they stated they  would call the collection company because they asked for the account back on the 19 of Dec. which was one week after the collection company received it. I never knew it was even in collections.  So this is what I need help with if the collection company only agree to updated this account as paid what can I do, because if I need to sue them I will. I pay all my bills and my credit it very important to me and I will protect it at all cost. And how with this effect my Amax accounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Help error on report.

If you were already approved for the Amex card, I don't think this new collection on your report will affect it.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the OC sent it to them after you paid it, the OC needs to take care of it.  It would have been a mistake on their part.

If it was paid after they sent it to the CA then the CA only needs to update as paid.

Message 3 of 5
TravisD
Contributor

Amex.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you every one, I got a lawyer to call them and they stated they will remove it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.