Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!

New user here but won't be for long I plan on reading everything in this forum. I feel embarrassed that i'm even in this position to begin with I lost my job last year July 2018 and turned to my credit cards Smiley Sad but back in November 2018 I got back on my feet. I had 3 credit cards but 2 closed down the only one that is open is the capital one card. I paid off my capital one and american express card in full and I have been paying the visa card on time every month went from $845 to just $335.00 I will make a $100 payment on the 24th of this month. I owed suntrust bank $560.00 I paid that off last month. I do have a $920 clinic bill from Oct 2018 PROFESSIONAL ADJMNT CO

Account 1 Account PROFESSIONAL ADJMNT CO

Account Type Collection Account

Account Condition Closed

I want to pay them some people told me don't pay a collection agency and some people told me to pay the collection agency. I just want to know the best way I can go about paying this $920 bill and getting it removed from my credit report

585 is my current score Smiley Sad

Your FICO® Score 8

Last score update: 
March 26th, 2019

My next question is should I continue to pay the Visa card off $75-$100 at a time so they continue reporting or just pay off the entire amount I owe $335.00 right now? 

I also want to sign up for the MY J club card and yes I know its crap jewelry but i'm willing to make whatever investments I have to make to get my credit back to 720 so if anyone can offer advice to help me out I would really appreciate it Heart

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help!

@Anonymous wrote:

New user here but won't be for long I plan on reading everything in this forum. I feel embarrassed that i'm even in this position to begin with I lost my job last year July 2018 and turned to my credit cards Smiley Sad but back in November 2018 I got back on my feet. I had 3 credit cards but 2 closed down the only one that is open is the capital one card. I paid off my capital one and american express card in full and I have been paying the visa card on time every month went from $845 to just $335.00 I will make a $100 payment on the 24th of this month. I owed suntrust bank $560.00 I paid that off last month. I do have a $920 clinic bill from Oct 2018 PROFESSIONAL ADJMNT CO

Account 1 Account PROFESSIONAL ADJMNT CO

Account Type Collection Account

Account Condition Closed

I want to pay them some people told me don't pay a collection agency and some people told me to pay the collection agency. I just want to know the best way I can go about paying this $920 bill and getting it removed from my credit report

Sounds like this is medical collection these are the easiest to get removed

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care or reduced payment by reason of your unemployment, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

585 is my current score Smiley Sad

Your FICO® Score 8

Last score update: 
March 26th, 2019

My next question is should I continue to pay the Visa card off $75-$100 at a time so they continue reporting or just pay off the entire amount I owe $335.00 right now?  If you have the funds pay it off you are paying interest then charge something small after its paid off so it reports a small balance as you need one card always reporting less than 9% of its CL.

I also want to sign up for the MY J club card and yes I know its crap jewelry but i'm willing to make whatever investments I have to make to get my credit back to 720 so if anyone can offer advice to help me out I would really appreciate it Heart  Get 2 more revolving credit lines/cards to help drive your Fico back up, you need 3 open ones and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips Gdale Smiley Wink 

If you have the funds pay it off you are paying interest then charge something small after its paid off so it reports a small balance as you need one card always reporting less than 9% of its CL.

The $335.00 is for one of the cards thats already close if I pay it off they won't have any reason to keep reporting. 

I don't care about paying the interest if it will help me more than hurt me on the journey. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the tips Gdale Smiley Wink 

If you have the funds pay it off you are paying interest then charge something small after its paid off so it reports a small balance as you need one card always reporting less than 9% of its CL.

The $335.00 is for one of the cards thats already close if I pay it off they won't have any reason to keep reporting. 

I don't care about paying the interest if it will help me more than hurt me on the journey. 

You said you have an open Cap-1 I thought this was the card that had the balance. In any case pay that closed card off then charge something every month on the Cap-1 so a small balance reports. Closed paid off accounts stay around for up to 10 years post final pay off date.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.