Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help for next step??

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Please help for next step??

Hi, Everyone.

I have a CO for First Progress Secured($136.15)
I called First Progress and spoke with rep who stated that VAN RU(which they are NOT reporting it as of yet) is the CA that is handling the collection account and I need to speak with them.
I haven’t contacted CA as of yet. I’m sure they can validate the account(I would think?) since First Progress gave me their Name & number and said contact them for payment arrangements because he(rep) cannot accept payment on this account. But, once paid thru CA that account would be updated as paid $0. bal. PIF/Satisfied. Rep also said that they(FP) would pull it back from CA and they would not report it. I asked for everything I could ask for to settle this thru FP but rep said cannot accept payment only thru VAN RU.

it’s only $136.15.
Should I just PFD to the CA?
Then start a GW campaign? To who, CO? or CA?

I’m not sure what to do next?? I’m sure it’s a simple answer but, I’m having a brain fart 🧠💨!!!

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks so much! 😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help for next step??

I would just pay it. It's not a super large amount. It's not worth getting sued over ever, but ESPECIALLY for that amount. I would just (if you can) pay for it in full. Ask them for a PFD. If they won't budge, then pay it and start sending goodwills. I, personally, had to settle. My charge-off amounts are like $12,000 on two cards. So, while you can, I'd just get it over with. 

Message 2 of 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much!! 😊😊😊👍

I thought that would BE the best course of action since it’s only $136.15. BUT, I did a little research on VAN RU and well they are very shady(imagine that? Lol) I’ve skimmed a few complaints on the and the pull monies from your account even though you’ve only authorized that ONE PAYMENT! Kind of scary to think they can get away with such despicable actions AND STILL BE IN BUSINESS!!?? Crazy!

I love your idea though!! Just pay it!!

Ok, now, do I send a money order CMRRR?
Do I attempt PFD? Call CA PFD? CMRRR CA PFD?
I’m stuck!! Lol

Thanks for you help!! You are wonderful!

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never dealt with them personally but do not give them anything unless they agree to your terms (in writing). Yes, give them a money order, cashier's check. Don't ever give them your debit or personal checking. I always feared people doing that (putting amount through for more). They are all shady! IMO 😕
Message 4 of 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

😊 agree they are all shady

Would it be safe to call them and see what they say? If I do call, what NOT to say or it doesn’t really matter what info I give them since I’m willing to pay Or just go the PFD CMRRR and wait??

Thanks.

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd call them to tell them that you want to pay in full to close out the account. Normally, the CA had me email them my offer/terms and then they sent me their agreement on letterhead. I stayed on phone with them while we sent to one another. They'll ask when it will be sent, I'm sure
Then, I'd send certified mail Return Receipt or whatever you prefer.
Message 6 of 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

AWESOME!!

THANK YOU!

I’ll post once I find out what they say for the future credit builders and FOR YOU AND YOUR GREAT ADVICE!!!

Thank you, again! 😊👍

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.