cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me clean up my Credit Report!!!

tag
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please help me clean up my Credit Report!!!

Thanks for the move to the appropriate forum!  Hope to get some valued input Smiley Happy

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 11 of 41
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

anyone out there willing to sift through the excell chart mess?Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 41
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

bump... if someone would rather me host this to where its more clear as a excel file, I'd be happy to send it or attach it. 

I dont know anything about good will letters, how to remove certain things, etc. etc.

Please help Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 41
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, and for more of a response, try splitting up your posts into new threads, spread out over a day or so. Info is a tad overwhelming. However, I'll take a stab at it. Give me a few........

Message 14 of 41
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In the meantime, check these out:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Also, ignore any scores you got from the above service. They aren't FICO scores.

ETA...and this is important: Third-party report providers, like yours or even myFICO, don't show the entire picture. You really would want to pull all 3 reports directly from the CRAs. If you haven't done so, pull all 3 for free via annualcreditreport.com. Your report info is lacking DOFDs, drop off dates, full history, etc. I'm not suggesting to post that, but you need to know it before beginning repair.

Another thing you want to know is if any given unpaid debt is in or out of SOL. If you have the $$$ to PIF, if you had to, then don't worry so much about SOL. If not, then know your SOL before tackling any debt.

Message 15 of 41
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In response to post #1:

Ignore the totals, the statuses (stati?), utilization, etc. The CMS you used doesn't offer FICO scores and the report info, and calculations and stati, are or could be considered differently by your FICO report (to add, consider pulling your two FICO reports if a FICO score is important for you...those reports tell you what hurts the most and in what order). And to add, I'm sure the report info (e.g. accounts, balances, remarks, etc. ) are OK and a CMS is good for that use. I'm not down on CMSs.

Judgment - I'm clueless on PRs, but some have reported success in getting plaintiff's attorney to file a motion to dismiss or get it removed. Others are more qualified than I am. It, of course, would involve paying it in full and negotiating with the other attorney.

Inquiries - you can't do anything about them. Maybe you can send a non-PP to the CAs, but I certainly wouldn't do it if there is an outstanding debt and they are collecting on it. Per the FCRA, collections can add inquiries. The OCs can add inquiries if you were approved or not. BTW, inquiry damage is overrated. I certainly wouldn't worry about it. They report for 2 yrs, but only impact your FICO score for one year.

...on to post 2.

Message 16 of 41
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Responding to Post #2:

Cash Pro- is this a CA or an OC? If a CA, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If an OC, send a PFD. Know your SOL first, lest you get sued!

Recvmgmt - is this a CA or an OC? If a CA, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If an OC, send a PFD. Know your SOL first, lest you get sued!

CapOne - Did you pay it? If not, then they sold the debt to a CA. All you can do is to send a GW asking them to either 1) delete or 2) remove any lates, remove the "legallly paid for less than full" or "settled" comment, and to update "paid as agreed". ETA...don't do anything if you didn't pay it. A CA could still come after you.

Message 17 of 41
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Reply to Post #16:

The judgement was a long story.  I cant remember the guys name but he has a BAD rep.  Many people have filed complaints with his crooked practices, but, he gets the job done apparently.  I was given an order to appear with the wrong date, the date on it was a Sunday.  I tried contacting his office and never got a response in time.  So I lost the judgement and wages were garnished, paying the full amount.  I think this was in 2006 or so.

Why do CAs pull credit?  I dont really see a need for them to do so other than to make a black mark on credit?  I however, have paid or settles all outstanding debts minus the $405 amount from 2004 and the Receivable management, oh and the one that has no name?  I believe the RCVMGMNT (sp? I cant see it lol) is an old medical bill.  I can pay that now.  I have the funds to do so, but i didnt want to wake up the old debts that havent been reporting montly since 2004.  I was under the impression paying them would hurt my credit after waking them up.

Oh and thank you so much for taking the time to review this.  I have more questions but i will reply to your posts individually first like you are mine.

Message 18 of 41
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Replying to Post #17:

Cash pro is a CA.  Being that the account is from 2004, should I wake up this account?  My newbie research has told me to let old debts lie and fall off, not to wake them since they are not really affecting  credit?  My SOL is 7 years.  So it should fall off next year.

Recvmgment - no clue.  All I know is that it is a medical bill that my insurance must have not paid?  I knew nothing of this account until I saw it on my credit report.

Captial one - Long story short, they were collecting and called my gf(at the time)'s parents and told them all about my account, what i owed, etc etc.  They broke the law by releasing information to someone not even related to me.  I'm still not sure how they even got the number?!?!  But I threatened to sue them and they settled the account and agreed to delete it with a settlement payment that I paid (This was a manager speaking to me in order to not proceed with legal action).  However, they never sent me the paper confirming our agreement nor did they  delete it.  I never argued it since it was/is my word against theirs, unfortunately?

Message 19 of 41
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Responding to post #3:

First United/Merchants - When were the lates? Some CMSs only report the history for the past two years. It says you had two, one of which I would assume is older than 2 yrs and not showing in the history. Your full report from the CRAs would show that info. If your AAoA is older than the age of this account, which is 5 yrs, then send a GW asking for the 2 lates to be removed. If your AAoA is younger than 5 yrs, then you run the risk of the OC deleting the entire account after sending a GW. If it negatively impacts your AAoA, your score could drop further. I personally would wait on this and save it for last. 30 day lates diminish over time and gradually fade out (per scoring impact) after 2 yrs.

HSBC/BB - When was the DOFD? It was opened 7 yrs ago, but if you CO'd it shortly after opening it, then maybe it'll fall off soon anyway. If your AAoA is younger than 7 yrs, then proceed carefully. If deleted, you could lose history and that makes it harder to recover your score (even with it gone). If it isn't scheduled to fall of anytime soon and you don't care if it falls off, then send a GW. If you didn't pay it, and they sold the debt to a CA, then take care of the CA. After taking care of the CA (via sending a DV and then a PFD if they verify), then send HSBC/BB a GW asking for a deletion with a mention that you paid it. Remember your SOL!!

LVNV - You want this off! Paid CAs are just as damaging as unpaid CAs per your FICO. Send a GW asking for deletion.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.