cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

We have some medical bills that have recently gone into collections.  My husband just talked to the OC and asked if we could set up a payment plan with them and if they would pull it back from collections.  OC said they wouldn't pull it back, and we would have to talk to the CA.  My husband told OC he would not deal with the CA and would only pay the OC.  OC said we could send them our payments, but they would just forward them to the CA.  Is there any hope for us to get this thing out of collections?

On another note, we have some medical collections from when our son was born.  I was in and out of the hospital with numerous complications before and after he was born, so there are now 5 separate collections on my husband's CR from one CA, all with accounts from one OC.  Is there any way we can get these combined?  Or is there any hope for us in getting this OC to pull back from the CA?  These are over 2 years old.

We don't have enough money to PIF in either one of these situations, but we really want to get them cleared up and are willing to make arrangements to pay a set amount each month.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

Is this Kaiser by any chance? I'm set up on a payment plan with them which is super high to begin with that they won't budge on.  So, since the payment is so unreasonable I have fallen behind...BUT...I always call them and let them know when I will be paying.  Their answer? "It doesn't matter if you call us or not or if I put a "note" in the system.  If it goes to collections it goes.  It could go at anytime." Jerks....honestly? It doesn't matter that I am making strides to pay? That I am communicating? Sheeeeesh!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

@happy0510 wrote:
Is this Kaiser by any chance? I'm set up on a payment plan with them which is super high to begin with that they won't budge on.  So, since the payment is so unreasonable I have fallen behind...BUT...I always call them and let them know when I will be paying.  Their answer? "It doesn't matter if you call us or not or if I put a "note" in the system.  If it goes to collections it goes.  It could go at anytime." Jerks....honestly? It doesn't matter that I am making strides to pay? That I am communicating? Sheeeeesh!

It isn't Kaiser, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one having problems!  I'm totally not blaming them for the fact that we fell behind on our bills, but it would be such a relief if they would be willing to work with us.  Anyway, I'm done with my pity party now, and I just want to get it all taken care of and put behind us so we never have to even think about having bad credit again!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - Re: Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

So I just got notified that the collections hit the CR.  Do I need to start the HIPAA process for these lovely gems?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update - Re: Please help with my medical dilemma(s)!!!

Anyone had experience with this?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.