Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Points possible?

Hi All. I have a CA that is due to fall off later this year. I am considering asking for an EE in a couple months. This is my only CA. I also have 3 late auto payments from 2016 with Capital One. I would try to GW them, but, I've read CapOne will deny. My question...will my score increase when this CA is removed. I know no one can say for certain, but, any input is appreciated. I am trying to get my score above 700. Thanks all.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Points possible?

I forgot to state that the CA is not paid. It is for cable equipment I returned, but, ATT states I didn't.
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If those lates are not greater than 30 days then you are liable to see an increase in Fico

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. When does lates stop affecting your score? They are two years old.
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for your reply. When does lates stop affecting your score? They are two years old.

30 days typically affect for 2 yrs but in some instances can affect longer. Anything over 30 will cost points until they are gone, costing less as time goes by.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.