cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porftolio Recovery strange reporting (deletion success)

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Porftolio Recovery strange reporting...

@guiness56 wrote:

When sending a direct dispute and they do not respond directly to you within 30 days, that is an FCRA violation.  They could be sued.

+1

Message 21 of 41
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

@mojo_ny wrote:

I have an account with them that I already paid in full. I just checked my report and sure enough.... They report it as 120 days late!!!!

Does this mean I can try to have them remove it from my report? Still a bit confused on whether I file with them or just go straight to the BBB. If I do file with the BBB how can I notify Portfolio trecovery so they will take action to move on the reporting?

If you a little harder, you'll see that on EQ they are also reporting the following:

Account = Open

Type = Original Creditor

The theory is that by them listing the account as open, original creditor and it reporting as an installment loan (which we all know is BS), further dings your EQ report. There is some debate about this opinions vary widely on the subject.

All collection accounts are listed as open. However I do agree with it being reported as a installment loan as you don't have a line of credit with the collection agency. 

Message 22 of 41
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@mojo_ny wrote:

I have an account with them that I already paid in full. I just checked my report and sure enough.... They report it as 120 days late!!!!

Does this mean I can try to have them remove it from my report? Still a bit confused on whether I file with them or just go straight to the BBB. If I do file with the BBB how can I notify Portfolio trecovery so they will take action to move on the reporting?

If you a little harder, you'll see that on EQ they are also reporting the following:

Account = Open

Type = Original Creditor

The theory is that by them listing the account as open, original creditor and it reporting as an installment loan (which we all know is BS), further dings your EQ report. There is some debate about this opinions vary widely on the subject.

All collection accounts are listed as open. However I do agree with it being reported as a installment loan as you don't have a line of credit with the collection agency. 

That's my point. On EQ (and EQ only) it is being reported as "other account" with the type as installment and PRA as the original creditor and NOT as a CA. I have 0 CA's on EQ.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 23 of 41
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I have an account on EQ (collection) that is listed under other and nothing under collection. Of course I have my attorney handling it for me. This is my last baddie. 

Message 24 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@mojo_ny wrote:

Account = Open

Type = Original Creditor

That's my point. On EQ (and EQ only) it is being reported as "other account" with the type as installment and PRA as the original creditor and NOT as a CA. I have 0 CA's on EQ.

Does it say collections anywhere on the TL.  If so, FICO will score it as a collections.

As for the installment, that is a violation of the FDCPA.

Message 25 of 41
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@mojo_ny wrote:

Account = Open

Type = Original Creditor

Does it say collections anywhere on the TL.  If so, FICO will score it as a collections.

As for the installment, that is a violation of the FDCPA.

It does but only in the remarks and I think that isn't used for scoring? Or is it?

I have the UDF if you want to see it. They are listing the account type as "0C".

I've been fighting with them for months and they keep telling me no that they're not going to remove it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 26 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can PM it to me if you want.  Even if the CA sold the debt to another CA, they still need to list the OC, not themselves as the OC.

They cannot report it as an installment loan,

Yes, FICO will read the remarks/comments and know it is a collection.  Some comments are scored.

Message 27 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Ok...can someone please tell me what in the world PRA did to my account? They made it worse!

I filed a complaint with the BBB on how they were reporting inaccurately, since others had success that way. First they uploaded only a document as the response, which was a validation letter and a mysterious "update" to my report with NO explanation as what or why they were updating (it was an actual universal data form).  Then they posted a response saying they have *always* reported my account accurately and follow the rules under the FDCPA etc etc the guy was a real jerk in his response too. Said they show no documentation on their end that they reported I made $50 payments or any of the other things they were doing wrong.

I responded that I was NOT satisfied with their response and it was not resolved, and inlcluded copies of pages from my credit reports to show proof, especially now because of this! What the hell did they do? It's even worse! Look at my Experian BEFORE and NOW after their "update". They changed the OC from HSBC to Orchard Bank, it now says "reported since May 2013", and it has erased the last few years history (where the red boxes are). It seems in some sense they have reaged it. It seems to appear as a new account and guess what? For all my credit alerts I have, I recieved alerts saying A NEW COLLECTION HAS BEEN POSTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. these #*(&$*(#&$(*& jerks....

Before:

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y489/newearth78/portfolioexperian_zpsebc1637f.png

After:

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y489/newearth78/portfolioexperianupdated_zps22bba644.png

Anyone with more knowledge, what the heck did they just do? I feel like they just got caught trying to cover something up and the BBB has witnessed it....I'm kinda glad I didn't send my proof until after they made this move, they must look really stupid now? However the update hurts me as it seems to appear newer. UGH!

update: I just remembered I had an old CR saved from 2011, and it shows they started reporting $50 payments in June 2010. Previous to that they didn't report a payment. So they absolutely started doing this themselves 3 years ago, they cannot blame Experian or any other CRA's:

Jan 2011: $692 / no data / no data / $50
Dec 2010: $690 / no data / no data / $50
Nov 2010: $688 / no data / no data / $50
Oct 2010: $685 / no data / no data / $50
Sep 2010: $683 / no data / no data / $50
Aug 2010: $682 / no data / no data / $50
Jul 2010: $679 / no data / no data / $50
Jun 2010: $677 / no data / no data / $50
May 2010: $675 / no data / no data / no data
Apr 2010: $672 / no data / no data / no data
Mar 2010: $670 / no data / no data / no data
Feb 2010: $668 / no data / no data / no data
Jan 2010: $666 / no data / no data / no data
Dec 2009: $664 / no data / no data / no data
Nov 2009: $662 / no data / no data / no data
Oct 2009: $659 / no data / no data / no data
Sep 2009: $658 / no data / no data / no data
Aug 2009: $656 / no data / no data / no data
Jul 2009: $653 / no data / no data / no data
Jun 2009: $651 / no data / no data / no data
May 2009: $649 / no data / no data / no data

Message 28 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

oh they also insisted they never posted any balance other than the original amount....well that is obviously a lie as you can see.

Message 29 of 41
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would file a complaint with the FTC and your state AG. Or if you really want to hit them where it hurts then seek advise for a consumer attorney. PM me and I will tell you what I did with a CA and you can do the same. it will be  motivating speech!!! Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.