cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Misdirecting Payments

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Portfolio Misdirecting Payments

Has anyone else had trouble with Portfolio sending payments to the original creditor?

BACKSTORY: Ok so I've been avoiding Portfolio just for spite because they are horrible and I have been paying off medical bills... but mostly for spite. I just got a letter from them offering to delete my account from my credit report if I made a settlement arrangement so I'm all HELL YES! So I schedule payments for the 12 month plan and sent them from my Chase account. I had been paying $10 per month but the bill is close to $1800.

So they call me today and I told them I was accepting the settlement and made payment and they said it hadn't shown up. Ok it's only been a few days, no big deal. THAT'S when the rep tells me the last payment was received on March 19. I know I sent payment on the 27th of every month so why was it taking 3 weeks to be credited to my account?
I check with my bank. The rep for Chase bank assures me they sent it to PORTFOLIO and I was able to download the proof.

I BELIEVE PORTFOLIO HAS BEEN SENDING MY PAYMENT TO ORIGINAL CREDITOR CAPITAL ONE, WHO HAS BEEN TURNING AROUND AND SENDING IT BACK TO PORTFOLIO.

PORTFOLIO is insisting that I sent it to the original creditor (Capital One). The last "account manager" I spoke with told me he doesn't even know what a Trace # is (it's the number banks use to track electronic payments). And he refused to let me talk to any department that could look into it. He insisted that CHASE -the largest financial institution in the United States- has screwed up, and that Portfolio couldn't possibly have made a mistake.

I'm so mad I could spit. I should have taken the single payment deal because I can't fight with them for a year over these payments.

HAS ANYONE DEALT WITH THIS BEFORE?

(I'm putting the main points in CAPS because I know I'm long winded...🤣)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Portfolio Misdirecting Payments

Is Cap-1 reporting a balance owed on your CR?
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 3
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Misdirecting Payments

Nope!

If I could direct my bank to send a paper check I would... but I don't trust that either. The only way I can guarantee they are getting my payment is to go through their website. They have lost all credibility with me.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.