Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio PFNR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio PFNR

So i finally saved up enough to send portfolio a pay for not reporting.   I called them and the girl on the phone when i asked specifiic questions of will they only update the charge off my acct to paid in full and not report anything further and she said yes.   i paid and today, see that portfolio has added a collection to my acct (albeit a 0 balance), like the girl assured me they would not.    i'm really starting to wonder why i bother and just wait the 900 years for it all to just fall off my reports and not pay anymore of these lying *&^*(%&*$(&*)^&)^&* ppl .      not sure if an oral contract and if i can supena the phone call could hold up in court to go after them, but i'm really tempted right now.  

i'll get over it and get back to working on all this, but right now i'm just ready to explode.   thanks for listening (reading)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Portfolio PFNR

You could assert an oral contract was created by their statement of payment conditions, and send an intent to sue based on breach of contract.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

You could assert an oral contract was created by their statement of payment conditions, and send an intent to sue base on breach of contract.

Thank you, I wasnt sure how well that would hold up, but its worth a shot.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Oral contracts are legally binding.

The issue is that they are usually more difficult to prove.

However, if you must bring a civil suit, you then have access to the pre-trial discovery process.

Most debt collectors record phone conversations, and those are subject to discovery requests.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Oral contracts are legally binding.

The issue is that they are usually more difficult to prove.

However, if you must bring a civil suit, you then have access to the pre-trial discovery process.

Most debt collectors record phone conversations, and those are subject to discovery requests.

I had thought about just calling them and see if that would get it removed, but if it didnt asking for the legal dept, but i dont want to give them reason to "mistaken" lose that call either.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.