cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC now accepts "Pay For Deletes" ?????

tag
newscore89
Established Member

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC now accepts "Pay For Deletes" ?????

Hello guys, I'm a new member here looking for wisdom Smiley Happy ( my 1st post)

I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates a few months back about an old Capital One debt they purchased. 

In the letter they provide "3" different payment options: 

1. Pay 1 payment and save 20% off the total amount of the debt 

2. Pay 3 consecutive monthly payments and save 15% off the total amount of the debt

3. Pay 6 consecutive monthly payments and save 10% off the total amount of the debt

They also stated in the letter: "The savings will be applied to the balance and your account will be considered paid-in-full for less than the full balance after your final payment is successfully posted.     Within approximately 30 days of your final payment successfully posting, we will request that the 3 major credit reporting agencies delete our tradeline related to your account from your credit bureau report"

I then went to their website and see it says they recently changed their practice to request the deletion of tradelines.     Is this legitimate?  I have concerns about contacting them to see if this is not a scam.  Has anyone else had success with them deleting negative information from their credit report?    Could really appreciate some insight.  Will talking to them or providing them info such as your name, etc "re-age" the debt?   Ive read alot of bad things about this company....almost seems to good to be true!

Help is greatly appreciated thanks

newscore

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC now accepts "Pay For Deletes" ?????

Hi and welcome to the forums @newscore89 

They delete once paid, it's not a scam, you can talk to them, no "re-aging" will happen.

PFD been going on for quite a while now. Policy publicly posted on their website, too.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.