cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Pay For Delete NOW!!!!

tag
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Pay For Delete NOW!!!!

This is a fairly old thread @kmg110 you may not get the answers you are looking for.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 11 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh sorry, I found the this thread while googling PFD w/ PRA and decided to ask more questions. The thread is a month and a half old so I thought that it was ok to post in.
Message 12 of 47
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh sorry, I found the this thread while googling PFD w/ PRA and decided to ask more questions. The thread is a month and a half old so I thought that it was ok to post in.

They delete automatically 30 days after you pay. You can settle for less or pay in full they will still delete it.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 13 of 47
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's more than ok to post, Smiley Happy what I meant was the person you are asking may no longer be following the thread to respond to you.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 14 of 47
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous

I'm on my phone right now but I've posted in a few Portfolio Recovery PFD threads on the steps I took and what to expect. Unfortunately, I'm on my phone right now (vs my laptop) and can't easily locate it, copy and paste. But, if you search my history you should find it easily. 

I reached out by phone to ge the ball rolling but did not settle on that call. Depending on how much you are willing to pay, it might take a few calls/reps. I settled for about 40%

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!
I am in the same situation. Need to get these collections off my credit report ASAP. I saw your thread and decided to call them. They immediately settled for much less and said that they would delete it 30
Days after payment. My Only issue is that they are not willing to put it in writing before I pay. They said they have only a standard letter they send out after agreeing to the payment and actually went as far s saying that it is already in writing on their website. Can I trust these people? And is it okay to continue over the phone or is it best to send them a pay for delete letter through certified mail.
Message 16 of 47
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

There is a lot of updated post from this year saying portfolio Recovery does delete the trade line. I know from personal experience they delete after 30 days and I just called paid and waited. I didn’t ask them anything.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you still got to pay taxes on cancelled debt. 

1099-C : Canceled debt often taxable as income... there are exceptions though.

Message 18 of 47
Wizard10
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s listed on their site now there is no need to get a letter. Mine should be dropping off in the next week. Before you pay you can just confirm about the deletion they probably point you to their updated policy. 

My payment was final on March 12th. On March 22nd they updated my report and now I’m waiting for it to fall off. The 30 days they state should be from the March 12th date in my situation. 

Good luck 

Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this info, how did you orchestrate this pay for delete with PRA? Thanks in advance?
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.