cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Pay For Delete NOW!!!!

Leslie92
New Visitor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Pay For Delete NOW!!!!

@kmg110 did u request a delete letter ?
Message 41 of 46
TIPPY-BOB
Valued Member

Thanks for sharing! This type of information is extremely helpful.

Message 42 of 46
Aliciasy156
New Visitor

Hi first ask them for settlement, then after they give you an offer, you ask if thats the lowest they can do. I had 3 accounts lowered, then asked for best offer and reduced agsin. Only thing you have to pay at 1 time.

Message 43 of 46
Creditgirl1223
New Visitor

pay for delete is this still a thing

i have two accounts with portfolio recovery 

Message 44 of 46
House2021
New Contributor

Aliciasy156 how much was owed and how much did you settle for? Was it a percentage?

Message 45 of 46
Jojo313

Yes it is- I just negotiated and paid 2 off. The 1st one they offered 40% off right on their website. I didn't try to negotiate that further because any more than $600 reduction and you have to count as income for taxes. The 40% was literally just a few dollars under the $600. I did that one just yesterday (24th).The 2nd one did not show an offer for settlement so I waited for the 1st settlement to be taken out of my account (just 1day).I called them today and I offered to pay 50% of the 2nd one using the leverage of the 1st one I just paid. They accepted. I requested an email to verify that they were offering the settlement and the amount and that it would be deleted from the CBR's. They sent that to me within 2 minutes. It also shows on their website FAQ's they will delete after pif or settled. Another collection agency that is doing it is Jefferson Capital. 

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.