Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates bought my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates bought my account

These days, PRA is actually one of the easier debt collectors to deal with. They do payment plans and they do delete after they are paid. You don't even need to request it in writing. It's right on their website now. I'd pay them. The sooner you do it, the sooner it is gone.
Message 21 of 23
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

@Anonymous wrote:

This is directly from their website: 

"Your account will be considered paid-in-full or paid-in-full for less than the full balance after your final payment is successfully posted. Within approximately 30 days of your final payment successfully posting, we will request the credit reporting agencies delete the PRA tradeline related to your account from your credit bureau report."

They say that is the case for all accounts. 

I presume they have become more consumer-friendly after that lawsuit.  With your debt being so small, I would certainly then try to get rid of it.  I am shocked at this change.  They used to be horrid.

Message 22 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates

@Anonymous, 

I have merged the other posts from the other thread associated with the same topic into this one.  Please do not cross-post or start multiple threads/posts on basically the same subject.  It can be confusing to other members trying to assist you and is against forum rules.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.