marko1

Portfolio Recovery Junk Debt Buyer

Has anyone challenged them in court? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Junk Debt Buyer

dude....   you are in the mortgage forum.....

please go to the credit forum.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have the specifics of the debt?  Is it yours?  Can you use SOL as a defense?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 7
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Anyone had luck getting these guys to PFD? I am have no luck. I may have better luck to win the lotto than these guys deleting

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 7
denver133
Frequent Contributor

I have been fighting PRA for a while now.  Had 2 accounts with them.  Luckily 1 of the 2 never hit my CRs.  The 2nd one, not so lucky.  Paid it in full when I received the letter in the mail after I had tried a PFD with no luck.  I just wanted it to show a $0 balance.   Big mistake.  I have tried GW letters, emails and faxed them once a day for 2 months.   Tried the BBB route and after 7 months, nothing.  Fighting with CFPB right now and I don't think this way will work either.  

I did notice that on my EQ report, they are listed as a Factoring company vs. a collection.  It's listed as I owed them the original $232.00 and that I was over 120 days late with my payments with them.  My other two reports show them as collections.

Hopefully the CFPB will review and make them delete it.  All PRA did to my CFPB complaint was verify the debt. 

Good luck with your chances with them.  There is another thread in the rebuilding that you can get more specific PRA stories.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"paid it in full when I received the letter in the mail after I had tried a PFD with no luck.  I just wanted it to show a $0 balance."

If you paid in full, they have a statutory requirement to promptly report a $0 balance.  It is not optional.

Is your issue that they are not reporting a $0 balance?

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

"paid it in full when I received the letter in the mail after I had tried a PFD with no luck.  I just wanted it to show a $0 balance."

If you paid in full, they have a statutory requirement to promptly report a $0 balance.  It is not optional.

Is your issue that they are not reporting a $0 balance?

+1

Now if they are still reporting a balance, do a direct dispute.  That way you will have a paper trail that you have informed them of incorrect reporting.  If they do not at least update to $0, then take them to small claims court and file for a $1000 judgement against them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.