Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Update after close?

tag
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Update after close?

I paid off PRA back in April of last year and they updated within a few days to show PIF - Closed, but then they updated the account again in October. I don't know why, I didn't put in any disputes or calls after I paid them off. Is there anything I can do about this since I don't want a negative account updated to keep my scores down? Complaint? Dispute? 

Also, I don't think that their DOFD is right because the charge off is already gone. This account is so old I don't remember. I tried calling Cap1 and they say they don't have any information for me. Based on their information it is supposed to fall off 8/2018.

Like everyone else here, trying to figure out how to get rid of these bastards!

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Update after close?

What did the October update say?

Message 2 of 4
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Nothing changed that I can tell.

Oh and the date to fall off is from the CR.
Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the collection was already showing paid, closed, $0 balance, then FICO would not consider any reporting to be a statement that the period of delinquency was being extended.  It would not be considered an update that would affect scoring of the collection.

I would call the debt collector and inquire as to the reason for their reporting......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.