Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery (another one)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery (another one)

Had 2 accounts on my reports from Portfolio both from 2013.  They filed a suit against me on one of them, I asked that the verify the debt and they dropped the suit and removed it from my credit report.  The other account is still on my report, I have over the past couple years sent the validation letters to which they never responded. 

Does anyone think it would be useful to email them that since they havent validated the account they should delete immediatley?  I have disupted with the CRA's but always comes back verified.  If they can verify with the CRA's why cant they verify with me?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery (another one)

@Anonymouswrote:

Had 2 accounts on my reports from Portfolio both from 2013.  They filed a suit against me on one of them, I asked that the verify the debt and they dropped the suit and removed it from my credit report.  The other account is still on my report, I have over the past couple years sent the validation letters to which they never responded. 

Does anyone think it would be useful to email them that since they havent validated the account they should delete immediatley?  I have disupted with the CRA's but always comes back verified.  If they can verify with the CRA's why cant they verify with me?

Thanks

A DV legally has no effect unless its sent within the first 30 days of a CA getting a collection. If you have been sending DVs and are getting no response its pretty clear they are not going to validate and they dont have to. Even if you send the DV within the first 30 days they dont have to validate but they have to cease and decist all collection actions until such time as they do validate. The only exception is in TX if you use TX law they must validate at each request.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, so what do you think my options should be here?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any ideas how i can get this removed?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, it was 2015 when I sent them the DV

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So looking over my report Portfolio is reporting it as an open account.  The account is for GE Capital, I have no other accounts from GE Capital reporting a C/O for that amount on my report.

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

FYI, it was 2015 when I sent them the DV

If this was sent within the first 30 days of them receiving the collection then the cease and desist is upon them until they validate and that means they cannot talk to you either if you try to communicate with them again unless you cancel your DV request. If this is not the case then you should try the PFD.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.