cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery is finally playing ball!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery is finally playing ball!

Portfolio Recovery Associates recently updated their policy regarding settled accounts. Any paid in full or settled account will be deleted within 30 days of final payment. I had been disputing a paid chargeoff for about 7 months with no luck. Then randomly, I received a letter in the mail stating that my account will be removed from CRAs within 30 days. You can find this information under their FAQs. I hope this brightens someone's day. GOOD LUCK!!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery is finally playing ball!

Yes, there are a few threads since this new policy has been in place. I haven't seen anyone with it removed from all 3 CRAs though.

Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 2 of 20
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

It's too early to tell for me as I just finalized my PFD with them today. But, I was very explicit that it needed to be removed from all three bureaus and they agreed. I also have an email stating the facts and a recording of the call. So... I'd be surprised if it did not come off all three Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 20
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Port. Rec. removed my 2 paid collections from all 3 credit bureaus: Tu, Eq. and Ex. I'm a happy camper.

Fico 8s are all above 700 now, Fico 9s are mid 700s as of 10/31/18. I'm a happy camper now, although I still have some late pays.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats. Keep chipping away.😎
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ls2016 wrote:

Port. Rec. removed my 2 paid collections from all 3 credit bureaus: Tu, Eq. and Ex. I'm a happy camper.

Fico 8s are all above 700 now, Fico 9s are mid 700s as of 10/31/18. I'm a happy camper now, although I still have some late pays.

Nice!!  Congratulations!  Keep chipping away.

Message 6 of 20
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

How long did it take for them to remove it from the three reports once the PFD was paid?. I did a PFD with them last week and they told me 30 days at most but I'm hoping it's sooner.

Message 7 of 20
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

If you have a lot of collections, AND the original creditors are also reporting, how much will getting jdbs off your reports help your score? Just trying to decide whether to pay these guys or let it ride a couple of years. 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmmagique wrote:

If you have a lot of collections, AND the original creditors are also reporting, how much will getting jdbs off your reports help your score? Just trying to decide whether to pay these guys or let it ride a couple of years. 

Having collections on your credit is very damaging to your overall credit profile.  So if you have a jdb who is willing to delete for partial payment, I'd highly recommend doing so (esp. if you're planning to make large purchases in the near future) b/c it could boost your score quite a bit.  Also, you can use the fact that you've settled the accounts with the collection agencies as leverage to see if the original creditor would be willing to delete; goodwill letters are good for that.  Hope this helps.  We're in the same boat and I've had success with having a couple of charge-offs deleted by just sending 609s so that may be worth a shot.  Good luck!  

Message 9 of 20
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Ok, thank you very much. That's kind of what I thought, but I didn't want to throw money away if it wouldn't help. Smiley Happy 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.