cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery questions

tag
ashley827

Portfolio Recovery questions

Hi everyone! This board has been so helpful!

I have four collections with Portfolio Recovery that I want to settle now that they will delete. My question is, in your experience, can I pay off one at a time? Or do I need to wait until I have enough to pay all four at once?
Thank you in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery questions

I have two with them and I only paid one of them. When you call they will bring up the others but I’m sure since your paying one of them they might until you have money to pay the others.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Portfolio Recovery questions

@ashley827 wrote:
Hi everyone! This board has been so helpful!

I have four collections with Portfolio Recovery that I want to settle now that they will delete. My question is, in your experience, can I pay off one at a time? Or do I need to wait until I have enough to pay all four at once?
Thank you in advance!

You can do one at the time. They will get deleted as they get paid off. Do whatever is financially best for you. You may be able to negotiate a lower amount if you do all four at the same time, but I would not do that if it came at the expense of cash flow. 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.