cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

Believe it or not I haven’t really seen a bump yet. Equifax jumped quite a bit when it started reporting zero. But it was a really old collection,coming up on seven years. It was only for like 500 bucks. I’ve got one more collection left that’s for about two grand, and two old charge-offs I’m trying to get rid of. I expect that I’ll probably see a nice bump at that point.
Message 61 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so credit karma updated this morning for me. It shows that portfolio has been removed off both reports. I’m going to wait about a week and recheck Myfico because there are notoriously slow to update for me. So, in all it took about six weeks for to be totally removed. Hope that helps somebody. I also use an EX app to track stuff and i get an update with that one I’m 6 days, so I’ll double check over there as well.
Message 62 of 66
acevesf
New Contributor

Never been so happy to write a check to a collector. Called for first time today, negotiated a 12,100k account down to $5,700. So excited to get this behind me!

Message 63 of 66
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

I’m just glad they don’t do that the debt will be deleted after 2 years like some other debt collectors. *cough cough* midland and ad astra.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 64 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two of my PRA’s updated on my Experian today as settled for less. My FICO score dropped 14 points. I really hope I get these points back when the tradelines are deleted... but I am not optimistic because of the student loan issue I’ve posted about. It’s discouraging to see the score drop, but hopefully it’s only temporary!
Message 65 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey did PRA eventually delete them off your credit report?
Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.