cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?


@Antknee wrote:
Transunion just reported it dropped for me, fantastic !

What type of point gain did you see when it dropped off?

Starting FICO 8 December 2017


FICO 8 as of 5/23/19

FICO 9 as of 5/23/19




Sock Drawer:


Goal: Gardening until April 2020. 700 Club by 9/2019
Message 51 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?


@Peazmom wrote:

@Antknee wrote:
Transunion just reported it dropped for me, fantastic !

What type of point gain did you see when it dropped off?


Your point gain will vary depending on your report. I only gained 5 points because I still have 6 more collections and 15 negative accounts so if its your only negative it can be a high number if not it could be no gain or a small one.






Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge




Message 52 of 66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

This is an awesome point and reminder to people that point loss or gain is a relative thing. When mine fell off I gained 22 points +/- but for the person with more negative accounts they only recieved 5.

The same 2 profiles do not exsist therefore its hard to compare things like this.
Starting scores - 480 - 11/05/18
Current Scores -





Message 53 of 66
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

I got an alert from myfico that a collection dropped off of transunion. But not sure if it was all 3 pra collections accounts or just one. Would myfico give an alert for all 3 at once or one at a time?

Message 54 of 66
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?


@armymed80 wrote:
This is an awesome point and reminder to people that point loss or gain is a relative thing. When mine fell off I gained 22 points +/- but for the person with more negative accounts they only recieved 5.

The same 2 profiles do not exsist therefore its hard to compare things like this.

Certainly a very good point!  I am waiting on my PRA to be deleted and was just looking for a ballpark.  It is/was my only collection, though there are 3 CO's that are 6-6.5 years old.  I will be happy with ANY gain at this point!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017


FICO 8 as of 5/23/19

FICO 9 as of 5/23/19




Sock Drawer:


Goal: Gardening until April 2020. 700 Club by 9/2019
Message 55 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

Are you going to do a EE for the Charge Off accounts? Because then if those are your only negatives you can see a pretty good score gain.





Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge




Message 56 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

It will give you an alert for each one.





Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge




Message 57 of 66
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?


@simplegirl wrote:
Are you going to do a EE for the Charge Off accounts? Because then if those are your only negatives you can see a pretty good score gain.

That's my plan.  The only baddies left will be on 30day late from Santander from back in 10/12 and the 3 CO's The first will be the 30 day late from Santander that is due to fall off 10/19.  I have it on my calendar to EE this month with Transunion.  All should be off by March of next year even if I did not do EE.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017


FICO 8 as of 5/23/19

FICO 9 as of 5/23/19




Sock Drawer:


Goal: Gardening until April 2020. 700 Club by 9/2019
Message 58 of 66
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

Thanks! I wish it would tell me in the alert which one was deleted...  :/

Message 59 of 66
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

So, this morning my Portfolio page shows my account is settled in full. I guess now I wait for the bureau deletions.
Starting FICO 8 December 2017


FICO 8 as of 5/23/19

FICO 9 as of 5/23/19




Sock Drawer:


Goal: Gardening until April 2020. 700 Club by 9/2019
Message 60 of 66