Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Portfolio Recovery

My last baddy. Cap One CO reporting until June 2014 as late then CO. Portfolio Recovery bought the debt and has not reported it at all on my CR.

Any advice on what to do? I don't wanna approach PR and wake a sleeping giant and have them report. I also don't want this to
Randomly show up one day

Prepping for a mortgage next year! Any help is appreciated ! Love you guys

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery

@tfkallday wrote:
My last baddy. Cap One CO reporting until June 2014 as late then CO. Portfolio Recovery bought the debt and has not reported it at all on my CR.

Any advice on what to do? I don't wanna approach PR and wake a sleeping giant and have them report. I also don't want this to
Randomly show up one day

Prepping for a mortgage next year! Any help is appreciated ! Love you guys

I would suggest a pay in lieu of reporting before it hits your CR and it will they dont usually miss a beat. Also I would recommend a morthage app 6 months out from the real one to bring out any of these guys hiding in the closet, they will come out for a mortgage pull and report since they know you cant close unless you feed them.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not recommend one action or another, as it depends upon what the debt collector will do.

You can simply pay them, and hope they dont report.

You can send a pay for not reporting offer, and hope they accept.  You are correct that anything short of satisfaction of the debt may be incentive for them to report as an additional collection tactic.

Personally, I would call them and see if they will at least make an oral pay for not reporting commitment.

If they balk, I would immediately send payment before they report, and hope that they view payment as making any need to report moot.

I would not send a DV.  They could immediately verify and report.

In the interim, they could not conduct any negotiations with you, including a pay for not reporting.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

I would not send a DV.  They could immediately verify and report.

In the interim, they could not conduct any negotiations with you, including a pay for not reporting.

+1

Message 4 of 5
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Thank you guys ! I just called them and spoke to a representative and then the manager. They had no info on my debt as they said it was not logged into
The system yet.

They seem really easy to work with and said there is a 99 percent chance that if I paid if it would never show up . They seemed nice so we will see how if goes

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.