Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery

This would be my 4th week waiting on the first few accounts that were paid first. Hoping that it's deleted by next monday! 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told it could take up to 90 days for full deletion, but that is not due to Portfolio or any one else - it is the credit bureaus. Updates are fast, deletions seem slower. 4 weeks is really short. I am afraid you are going to have to give it another month or so.

Message 12 of 17
kflo01
Contributor

They delete, be patient.

Message 13 of 17
periferel
Established Member

these guys were pretty awesome. after they decided a few years ago to do pay for deletes, not only did they do it for a reduced amount. before i agreed to it the csr said "wait, lemme see if i can get you a better deal" and brought it down from 60% of the original to 40% or something without me even negotiating, lol.

and yes they were deleted in one to two months along with my only other collection which gave me a MAJOR score boost.

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 14 of 17
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@periferel @They did the same for me! They haven't deleted yet, but I trust they will. I have 2 collections left after these delete. I can't wait to see what score boost I get when they're all gone!

Message 15 of 17
MI-Aviator
Established Member

Just curious if you had any update on yours report from Portfolio. Just paid them off and was in the same boat as you my other collections just were removed. That update to $0 balance really threw me instead of just deleting. 

Message 16 of 17
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@MI-Aviator Mine both ended up getting deleted! It took a while in some reports, but they're now all gone. Before 60 days was up.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.