Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio collections help!

tag
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Portfolio collections help!

So my wife has two Charge off accounts that were opened through identity theft that we are trying to have removed as they were sold to Portfollio. Does anyone have a way of getting these removed? I have sent letters, emails along with the police report and all they do is send me the last statement to validate the debt. There are two accounts. First one is $245 second is for $822, we are in the process of buying a house and I don't want this is ruin things. I am half tempted to try for a PFD just to be done with it. Our ficos are we're they need to be for an FHA but still would rather this be gone since it's wrong.
12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Portfolio collections help!

Send the police report to the CRAs under the identity theft provision ( 605 I believe). The CRA's will block the reporting of the accounts. Portfolio won't even be involved.
Message 2 of 3
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio collections help!

Thank you for the response! So Experian and TransUnion have blocked it. Equifax is saying thanks for the police report and ID theft form but since it's in dispute we have to wait for the process to finish.... any ideas.
12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.