Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portofolio

Do not pay them or any debt buyer. Ever 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to add. Do what Bass did. That is the way you handle debt buyers. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like i am not their only "victim" - they not only ruin people's credit but severly affected the quality of their life! Bass approach does not work any longer i believe - they got clever apparently and add desclaimer statements to protect themself.  I do have 5 accounts with them unfortunately and all had passed the SOL, but i still need to settle with them. They just sent me a letter via mail offering to settle for ~ 60% for one of the accounts. Like other folks mentioned, they send updates to the three CRAs every month. Anyone have a good sample negeotiation letter that i can adapt for my case? I called them a couple of times regarding PFD - one time they hang on me after long conversation and the last time (few days ago) i hang on them when they keep refusing to accept PFD. Any advise from experts would also be appreciated. It is no secret that they stop me from getting a mortgage loan - the leders would like me to pay all collections (ALL happen to be with them!). Right now i am in financial position to pay all the accounts but i feel it is unfair to pay the entire balances, which include fees, etc plus they hurted my credit scores all these past years when i was not able to pay.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can’t disclaim there way out of FDCPA or FCRA compliance 

learn about your rights. Document everything they do and record calls if you can. Sue or threaten suit when they violate or break promises. Been there too

Message 15 of 16
ReuJesEst
Valued Member

I hope for a chance like this, I would sue the hell out of these predators!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.