cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive & Negative TL's Attached to the Same Address......

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Positive & Negative TL's Attached to the Same Address......

Okay so I need to start working on removing the non current addresses on my CRA to start my HIPAA process. My dilemma is that my only positive TL is linked to the 5 negative medical TL's that I need to remove. What should I do? 

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Positive & Negative TL's Attached to the Same Address......

BUMP

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the current address is correct, then there's nothing you can do. That positive TL will continue to update that address when it reports monthly.

IMO, I never liked the HIPAA process. If you read HIPAA it doesn't match up to anything the process says. There are many in here who followed the HIPAA process exactly and weren't 100% successful. It used to be that CAs and CRAs would cave out of lack of knowledge on the law but the trend shows that it's harder to find success, though it still works for some. I've been successful with the DV-PFD method, but YMMV on that too.

Message 3 of 5
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I appreciate your opinion, because I'm stuck on what to do. I have 9 baddies and 3 are medical collections, 2 I want to PFD, 2 are judgements and 2 will fall off in Ocotber. I really want to delete the 2 PFD's quickly but from what I've read I must do HIPAA first. Smiley Frustrated I guess I'll give it a try.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

Thanks I appreciate your opinion, because I'm stuck on what to do. I have 9 baddies and 3 are medical collections, 2 I want to PFD, 2 are judgements and 2 will fall off in Ocotber. I really want to delete the 2 PFD's quickly but from what I've read I must do HIPAA first. Smiley Frustrated I guess I'll give it a try.

No, you don't need to use HIPAA at all.  You can just offer a PFD.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.