Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get to 700 by 1/15?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to get to 700 by 1/15?

When you get an installment loan, I take it that it should be paid off over the entire loan and not early?

Would it be a loan that I would want open or closed when it's time to make a big purchase?

Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When you get an installment loan, I take it that it should be paid off over the entire loan and not early? This would apply if you only have 1 open and its not too big of an interest rate.

Would it be a loan that I would want open or closed when it's time to make a big purchase? This would depend on your DTI at the time

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get an installment loan, I take it that it should be paid off over the entire loan and not early? This would apply if you only have 1 open and its not too big of an interest rate.

Would this have the same affect on my credit if I pay it off early?

Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Would this have the same affect on my credit if I pay it off early?

Paying the extra loans off early may or may not result in a Fico score bump, you want to have at least 1 installment loan open for Fico purposes.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.