Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-short sale question

tag
raisitup
Valued Member

Post-short sale question

So I'm back after what my sig shows was a long down, up and down trip! After sitting in the low 800s for quite some time I finally had to bite the bullet and short sell my home. The process took 13 months(!) and of course I had to stop paying my mortgage to get them to start the process (which was lawyer-assisted). So I just checked my score today after letting things "settle".....I'm at 690, which I didn't think was too bad all things considered. Under both my 1st and 2nd lenders the 7 year payment history shows no late payments My 2nd mortgage lender shows a current status of "Pays account as agreed" and the following under "Descriptions": Account paid for less than full balance Closed or paid account / zero balance My primary lender (BoA) shows the same "Descriptions" but shows a current status of "120+ days past due" My question is, not having gone through a short sale before, does this all look, um, "right"? The question comes up because of the difference in the "current status" between the two lenders. Should I be concerned, and if so is there anything I should do (e.g. GW)? Thanks! Ryan
On the road back to 800
6/18/2013 EQ 690
10/30/2012 Short Sale!
4/17/2009 EQ 804!
7/5/2008 TU 758, EQ 760, EX 776
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
_John_Doe
Contributor

Re: Post-short sale question

Ryan,

I was in the same situation as you, though my score prior to short sale wasn't as nice Smiley Wink. I had a first and second through Countrywide, now B of A that went through in 2010.

As for reporting, my TU and EXP both show the 1st and 2nd as "pays as agreed". Only on my Experian shows the 2nd as seemingly in a limbo status. It doesn't say late, pays as agreed, really not much info at all. I have been trying to figure out if I should do anything with that one, afraid of the dent it may give my score

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post-short sale question

Ryan,

I'm in a similar situation.  I completed a short sale with Wells Fargo (1st and 2nd loans) in December 2012. TransUnion and Equifax are both showing the current status for the 1st mortgage as "120 days past due". However, Experian is showing the current status as "Account paid in full for less than the full balance". Current scores - TransUnion 672; Equifax 676; Experian 672.

What did you end up doing, if anything? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.