Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precedent for 30 days for DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Precedent for 30 days for DV?

I'm looking but I can't seem to find anything that says CAs only have 30 days to respond to a DV.. is this just a fair time period, or is there actually something to hold them to when sending a second DV or notifying the CRAs?

Also, is there a method for determining if the debt has been marked as disputed as required by the FDCPA?

Message Edited by Rocket on 07-07-2008 06:48 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Precedent for 30 days for DV?

They have unlimited time to respond to the DV-

However- they need to cease collection activity until the provide validation- reporting IS collection activity.

A smart CA will mark the account "in dispute" and remove it (so they can re-insert it)  
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Precedent for 30 days for DV?

Welp I sent off another DV to them, basically the same thing, but mentioning that they failed to respond to the first DV within 30 days, and that if they fail to respond to this one within 15 days, I will assume that they are unable to validate the debt and will take steps to protect my rights (i.e. start pestering the CRAs). Also included copies of everything up to this point.

We'll see what happens now Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.