Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precision's New Beginnings

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Precision's New Beginnings

Well that sounds like a keeper if you have to have a secured card until your credit improves to get an unsecured card. Thanks sir
Message 11 of 67
precision
Contributor

i had already looked at the credit pulls database.  but i guess i filtered it too much.  after just putting in BOA i got an answer.  i think.

i am just going to apply at this point and hope for the best.  out of all of my plan so far i think that this is the most important card to get at this point.

Message 12 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@precision wrote:

i had already looked at the credit pulls database.  but i guess i filtered it too much.  after just putting in BOA i got an answer.  i think.

i am just going to apply at this point and hope for the best.  out of all of my plan so far i think that this is the most important card to get at this point.

Is there some reason you don't wish to try Capital One unsecured first?

Message 13 of 67
precision
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@precision wrote:

Is there some reason you don't wish to try Capital One unsecured first?

after doing some more reading i think i am going to try for the cap 1 and the discover unsecured.  i am going to app for boa secured, cap 1 and discover all in one day.

i am really interested in doing the boa secured because i want a big bank in my corner asap.  i keep reading about how important that is.  i also want my oldest card to be a big bank card.  given that i have been given this second chance i really want to to things right and not mess up.  reading many of the stories here i feel like i have a chance at getting to where i want to be within 2 years and then growing from there.

Message 14 of 67
precision
Contributor

crap...

Precision,

We wanted to let you know that we've received your application for the BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card. We're currently reviewing your information and you can check your application status online at any time.

I was hoping for an immediate approval.

Message 15 of 67
precision
Contributor

YES! YES! YES!

Congratulations! You've been approved.

Your new QuicksilverOne Credit Card UNSECURED is on the way and should arrive in 7-10 business days.

Credit Limit
$300

Message 16 of 67
precision
Contributor

Crap.

Capital One Platinum

We can't approve you for this card today...

We know you're disappointed, and we've explained why we couldn't approve you in a letter you'll receive within 7-10 business days.

Message 17 of 67
precision
Contributor

crap...

Discover

Thanks for applying.
You've made a great decision.

Here's what's next:

Your documentation was successfully uploaded.

Please allow 5-7 business days to process your application. We'll call if we have any questions.

If your application is approved we'll send you a welcome e-mail.

Message 18 of 67
precision
Contributor

A chat box popped up after completing the Discover application.

They directed me to call in.

After calling in Discover approved me for $750 UNSECURED.

YES, YES, YES!!!

Message 19 of 67
precision
Contributor

Results of today's mini app spree:

BOA Secured - Awaiting Decision
Cap 1 Quicksilver 1 (unsecured) -  APPROVED - 300
Cap 1 Platinum - Denied
Discover IT (unsecured) - APPROVED - 750

I am not sure why I got denied for the Platinum as I have seen many reports of people applying for both back to back and getting both back to back.

So potentially out of 4 HP's I have a 75% batting average.  If Cap1 and Discover approved me unsecured I am not sure why BOA wouldn't approve me for a secured card.  In addition to the fact that I have been banking with them since 1996.   At this point I am just happy to be on the board.

Message 20 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.