Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Bank Chargeoff

tag
Fcast07
New Visitor

Premier Bank Chargeoff

Back on 14 Feb I paid off what was shown as a chargeoff for $702. Background on this first though. Called Premier Bank to pay off this $702 with them. They allegedly sold it to CCB services in 2017. Account is closed so that makes sense. The thing is CCB didn't show up as collections on my credit report ever. Better for me. So I pay $702 to CCB after getting in contact and they said they would report to premier. Well it's been 3 months and still no update on my report. Premier says they sent me letter showing it's paid off but still nothing. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lucknpat
Contributor

Re: Premier Bank Chargeoff

First of all, if they sold this debt to a CA then your charge off would report a $0 balance. Are you saying it's showing the $702 on the CO? Is it updated every month? If so, I'd contact Premier Bank and ask them why they're reporting a balance when they sold it.

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 2 of 5
7774x
Established Contributor

@Fcast07 wrote:

Back on 14 Feb I paid off what was shown as a chargeoff for $702. Background on this first though. Called Premier Bank to pay off this $702 with them. They allegedly sold it to CCB services in 2017. Account is closed so that makes sense. The thing is CCB didn't show up as collections on my credit report ever. Better for me. So I pay $702 to CCB after getting in contact and they said they would report to premier. Well it's been 3 months and still no update on my report. Premier says they sent me letter showing it's paid off but still nothing. Any advice? 

Would a complaint to CPFB... speed a response??   Premier 1st?? ---------

Message 3 of 5
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Do not contact premier again until you dispute it. You need to immediately dispute the the account with the credit bureaus, then if they "verify" the balance, you have a case against the creditor and credit bureaus. And can get it removed and compensated.

https://www.alabamaconsumer.com/2018/04/damages-can-get-sue-fcra-false-credit-reporting/

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Check your real credit reports at annualcreditreport.com

See if it shows a $0 balance on the FP account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.