Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previously paid medical collections

tag
smcol

Previously paid medical collections

Hi everyone,

Back in 2011, I had some smaller accounts go to collections that I didn't know about for $62 and $137. These were from MEDICREDIT. At the time, I wasn't aware of PFD letters, so I just called them up and paid thinking it would go away. These items are still listed on my credit report as closed (besides transunion which is showing open), is there anyway I could get them removed now after I have paid? The Transunion ones still show they're open and placed for collection when I have paid it back in 2011. What can I do about this?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Previously paid medical collections

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Since they are paid, write the CA a letter asking if they will remove them.

Message 2 of 6
smcol

Ok thanks, how about the ones that have already been reported as paid? Is there anyway to get those possibily removed?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Those are the ones I was talking about.  If they are already on your report showing paid, write them a GW letter asking if they would remove them.

Message 4 of 6
ladydeac
New Contributor

Medicredit is very easy to work with.  I had two and they gladly (and pretty promptly) removed the reporting once I paid them.  However, I had to dispute EQ after payment, as they never removed it.

After 30 days EQ removed it as well.

Message 5 of 6
AllThingsRPossible
New Contributor

Did u work with anyone in particular? If so could u plse pm me the info. I've been working with them to no end and haven't been able to get them to delete Smiley Sad. Any help is appreciated

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 650

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.