cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price you pay for credit letter= approval?(The Resurrection)

tag
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

Price you pay for credit letter= approval?(The Resurrection)

After researching/investigating "Price you pay for credit" letters after attempting to find information after applying for 5th 3rd bank and not receiving a definite yae or nae, it landed me at a post here(from a year ago that's been laid to rest recently electronic holy post spirits bless-ed be the post) and this is my update. I receive emails from the USPS informing me of mail to be delivered. I checked my emails earlier and seen the post office emailed me. One letter being delivered is only junk mail being delivered to CURRENT RESIDENT😒😒😒. Well, my dog is a current resident and she LOVES receiving junk from my wife and I. The perfect way to fool your pets into thinking you love them enough to give them a treat😁, just give them your junk mail......🤔unless you have a problem cleaning up after them...... Anyway, the other letter is a blank letter sent from a PO BOX in Cincinnati. I took a close look at the pic in the email and seen that whatever is inside says ACTIVATE NOW in bold letters. I don't want to jump to conclusions, and since my profession has to do with investigating, I did some. I found a few links and posts that had that po box in Cincinnati, but there was one inparticular that caught my attention, it was a lawsuit between some person AND 5th 3rd bank. After seeing that and the address in the filing, thaaaaaat pretty much solidified who sent this blank letter. Now I get to sit and wonder how much my card is approved for😁😁😃😃.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

Re: Price you pay for credit letter= approval?(The Resurrection)

LMMFAO LMMFAO LMMFAO..... Ok, I checked the letter/credit card 5th 3rd bank sent me. I'm truly debating whether or not to just cut it up and trash it or just wait until the activation waiting period expires. I've repaired my credit a enough to qualify for a 9k card and 5th 3rd banksends me a $500 card 😆. Yup I'm done for Now. Sorry just had to vent that off.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the laugh at least! lol

I have never even heard of 5th 3rd bank. 

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Without knowing any DP's. There a reason why you only recieved $500. You already got the hit for a new account, hit to your AAoA, and the HP or pulls. Since you didnt get what you wanted or deserved. Now you want to close it? Keep it a year then let the HP/pulls drop of your report and then decide what to do. As the Stones sang. You cant always get what you want.

Message 4 of 7
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

FireMedic1 I understand where you're coming from, but I'm at a point where this 1 HP didn't hurt my score, so I'm good for now.  I'm just not going to activate the card.  I had to do that with another card about a year or so ago.  I have 10 cards, 1=$500, 1=$800, 3=$1,000, 1=$1,200, 1=$1,600, 1=$3,000, 1=$4,400(secured), and 1=$9,000, I also have a $900 FINGERHUT account and a $5,000 My Jewelers club account.  I haven't missed a payment on any of them and my overall utilization is at 13%(one card at 30%, one at 40% all others are below 10%), student loan all green, two personal loans all green.  I just find it somewhat amusing that PenFed qualified me at 3k and Discover qualified me at 9k then 5th 3rd comes along and decides to qualify me at $500 lol.  I haven't received a qualification that low in about a year, and that was a $600 qualification.  The way I look at it, this is just an attempt to keep me in the "SUBPRIME" zone.  Discover cracked that boundery, and with the majority of my credit accounts being over $1,000 I don't plan to settle ;P and I don't think that would be too wise for anyone in my current credit position.  Like I put in the original "Price you pay for credit letter= approval?" posts, I've been improving my credit and studying the credit improving process for about 3 years now and there's no going back, or in this case backward from a $9k approval to a $500 approval LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 7
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

Oh yeah, how do I place pics of my cards and credit scores at the bottom of my posts?

Message 6 of 7
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the laugh at least! lol

I have never even heard of 5th 3rd bank. 

I'm from Chicago and I didn't either until I moved to Georgia, but I think they're from up in Cincinnati?  They have banks here in the Atlanta area.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.