Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Debt Management

tag
FancyPants1
Established Member

Professional Debt Management

Hello all,

I have a collection from PDM scheduled to expire in Feb. of 2024. 

I contacted the prior leasing office to ask if they would remove it and was educated they no longer can remove so I'm clear on that.

The leasing office provided me the phone number to call them and potentially settle.

My question is if I speak with them and verify myself can they add 7 more years on to my credit report or sue me. I'm willing to settle but don't want to call if they will update my report and extend the delinquency time.

Has anyone settled with PDM recently? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Professional Debt Management

@FancyPants1 wrote:

Hello all,

I have a collection from PDM scheduled to expire in Feb. of 2024. 

I contacted the prior leasing office to ask if they would remove it and was educated they no longer can remove so I'm clear on that.

The leasing office provided me the phone number to call them and potentially settle.

My question is if I speak with them and verify myself can they add 7 more years on to my credit report or sue me. I'm willing to settle but don't want to call if they will update my report and extend the delinquency time.

Has anyone settled with PDM recently? 

Thanks

If you have the means to settle theres no reason to worry about reseting the SOL clock. Its done once paid. Over. Now if you agree to monthly payments. That will reset the SOL and also saying yes you do owe the debt and not pay. If its falling off in 2024 must be an older debt. Bargain with them for as low as they can go and be prepared to pay it right then. No backing down. PDM isnt known for PFD. Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Message 2 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, nothing can make it last another 7 years on your credit reports; however, depending on your state's laws, the SOL for being sued can potentially be reset, yes.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 5
FancyPants1
Established Member

Update, they accepted a settlement and my score increased 13 points. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Awesome. Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.