Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Debt Mediation PFD question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Professional Debt Mediation PFD question

So I sent PDM a PFD this past summer and they took a while to respond, so unfortunately I didn't have the money by their deadline. The debt is past SOL so I'm sure they'll still take the offer if I ask, but the problem I have is with the agreement. I asked for a PFD and they said they'd delete if the OC approved (OC is an apartment complex) but I thought the PFD agreement was between PDM and I, not the OC. If they're accepting my settlement and deleting, the OC doesn't need to be involved right? I don't remember the exact verbiage I used, by I know it's something along the lines of the agreement being between PDM and I and no other third-parties were to be involved if they accepted. I plan on calling the complex and asking if they will approve the deletion but I also don't want to put them onto the PFD if PDM will just delete anyway. What should I do? Anyone have experience with this specifically with PDM? Is it possible they'll just delete anyway?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Professional Debt Mediation PFD question

Let me also mention that I think this is an assignment by the OC, and not that PDM bought the account if that makes any difference.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are correct that they can stilll report deletion without any concurrence from the OC, but they certainly can base any decision to delete on first having concurrence from the creditor.  The creditor may have a no-deletion policy, and deletion without consultation may not be the best of business decisions on their part.

Are they requring you to contact the OC yourself?

That may not bode well, as if they are not going to contact the OC themselves for a consultation, then there will be no statement on their part as to whether or not they concur with or are willing to delete based on payment of the debt.  Deletions based on payment of the debt are contrary to CRA policy.

I would ask the debt collector to call the OC and actively support your request for a deletion rather than putting the independent burden on your to contact the OC......

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay that makes sense. I was going to call the CA anyway to ask about the settlement again so I guess I'll inquire about that part of the letter. I certainly don't want to raise any eyebrows with the OC if the CA will just delete.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.