Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress, Thanks to you guys

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Progress, Thanks to you guys

I started working on my credit on 3/20 and read these forums daily. I applied what I learned from here and I finally went from no fico to 658.

My fakos:

EX 578 on 3/20/13 - Now 685
EQ 602 on 3/20/13 - Now 688
TU 591 on 3/20/13 - Now 666

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to these forums. My goal is 700 by next month, so wish me luck.

I also have some fed tax liens to do a payment plan, and hopefully get the rest of them off my reports soon.

Wanting to apply for a credit card, but not sure if the tax liens will hurt me, even if my score qualifies. I am an authorized user on 2 accounts with 0 lates and about 23% utilization at the moment.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Progress, Thanks to you guys

@xecutech wrote:

I started working on my credit on 3/20 and read these forums daily. I applied what I learned from here and I finally went from no fico to 658.

My fakos:

EX 578 on 3/20/13 - Now 685
EQ 602 on 3/20/13 - Now 688
TU 591 on 3/20/13 - Now 666

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to these forums. My goal is 700 by next month, so wish me luck.

I also have some fed tax liens to do a payment plan, and hopefully get the rest of them off my reports soon.

Wanting to apply for a credit card, but not sure if the tax liens will hurt me, even if my score qualifies. I am an authorized user on 2 accounts with 0 lates and about 23% utilization at the moment.

You're off to a great start if you can establish a payment plan for tax liens you may qualify for the fresh start program and get them removed from your CR.

That would truly help your scores and CR

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
xecutech
Contributor

Re: Progress, Thanks to you guys

Yep, contacting them this afternoon to confirm the balances and then off to the fresh start program.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.