Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Insurance question

tag
tld1104
Contributor

Progressive Insurance question

I have a bill for Progressive Insurance that is only showing up as a collection at this point but not reporting from the OC.  If I offer PFD to CA can OC still report it?

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progressive Insurance question

@tld1104 wrote:

I have a bill for Progressive Insurance that is only showing up as a collection at this point but not reporting from the OC.  If I offer PFD to CA can OC still report it?

If the OC sold the debt and they are not reporting, then they have no legal right to report...At least that's what I think.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it CCS? Make sure you get them to agree to delete it because depending on who you talk to there, they will refuse to delete it.
Message 3 of 6
tld1104
Contributor

Caine and Weiner have it...I've never dealt with them before. 

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Progressive collection with Caine, i asked if i paid it off will they delete off my credit report, and they did.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tld1104 wrote:

An OC TL is different from a collectors TL and both can report at the same time. OC could chose to report but it is unlikely if they have not already done so.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.