cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Removal Under National Consumer Settlement - Fed up with Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Removal Under National Consumer Settlement - Fed up with Equifax

So some are able to benefit by it and some not, depending on whos hands your dispute lands in? Kind of luck of the draw? You are at the mercy of that person at EQ that wants to remove it or not.

Guess if I'm not successful the next time I will have to try and freeze EQ for a while. I gained 30 plus points on EX and TU with it's removal. Need that boost with EQ.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Removal Under National Consumer Settlement - Fed up with Equifax

@ABCD2199

Just finally received a response through CFPB (I already knew their stance because I checked directly with EQ on line) on my complaint that they wouldn't remove my tax lien under the National Consumer Settlement. Response says the "reinvestigated" and they use a third party to verify and that the lien basically that it stays. What they don't get is that it doesn't have the new "required information" under the "settlement".

I did send another dispute on Tuesday CMRRR with a copy of the lien showing it does not have the required info. Fingers crossed that this does the trick. EQ is the only CRA that won't remove it!

Funny thing is that they say they verify it and it's paid and it's being reported as paid, but it hasn't been paid yet. So, not sure where they get there info, but it's incorrect!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have added that they even have a release date!

Well, if this last ditch effort doesn't work to get it removed, I may have to freeze EQ...

Message 13 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CFPB has authority for administrative enforcement of provisions of the FCRA and FDCPA.

Thus, you can file a formal complaint for violations of provisions of those statutes.

The CFPB does not have the authority to enforce policy statements of the CRAs, such as the National Consumer Assistance Plan, or enforce compliance with settlement agreements entered into between parties to a civil lititation, such as the Jenkins v. Eq. civil lititation, which is the basis for the removal of tax liens and judgments that do not include the required personal consumer information, unless they are based on requriments of the FCRA or FDCPA.

Stated differently, they CFPB is not responsible for policing private (non-governmental) civil agreements.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are the CRAs "required" to remove the tax liens and judgments if they do not have the "required" personal information or no? If so, other than my latest attempt with EQ via letter of dispute that I sent this past week do I have any other recourse if they still don't remove?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry but what is CFPB? I’m not finding it on the abbreviations list. Thank you
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m sorry but what is CFPB? I’m not finding it on the abbreviations list. Thank you
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.