cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record on CR when dealership pulled it but not on my copy???

tag
monicabang
Established Member

Public record on CR when dealership pulled it but not on my copy???

I pulled my CR from all three bureaus. Much of it is the same on all three except a pulic record for a judgement back in '02. I applied for a car loan this past week and was denied. The guy was nice enough to give me my CR and told me to keep it in case I needed it. Well, I was reviewing it and noticed the public record on his copy but when I was looking at the copy I pulled it was not listed on there. It says 'no public records on file. What gives?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public record on CR when dealership pulled it but not on my copy???

You need to check on the SAME CRA that he pulled.    Sometimes PR only show on 1 CRA not all of them

I have 1 PR that only shows on TU  it has never been reported to EQ or EX
Message 2 of 13
monicabang
Established Member

Actually, it is the same report. My copy of EQ does not show the PR but the copy he gave me shows it. TU and EX do not show a PR on file. This is very strange.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your copy and his copy pulled on the same day?

Just wondering if maybe it was added to your report or removed from your report between the two pulls. Almost the only thing I can think of.
Message 4 of 13
monicabang
Established Member

No. I pulled mine on 5/9/08 and he pulled it on 5/30/08. It seems weird for it to be put on in a matter of weeks. I'm wondering if I should pull it again to see if the new copy will show it.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if his report shows "date reported" .

Is this a legit PR? Was it a lien or judgment?
Message 6 of 13
monicabang
Established Member

I don't see the specific note of 'date reported' on his copy but it does show the file date as 7/02.
His copy shows who filed the judgement and it was an old day care center I did not finishing
paying on, so yes it is a legit PR. I do not remember getting a summons though to appear in court.
The day care center is no longer open. How long do they stay on CR?
Message 7 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A judgment can stay on your report for up to seven years from the date it was filed.
Message 8 of 13
monicabang
Established Member

So, since mine shows 7/02, it should fall off sometime in August of next year? I thought I heard somewhere that a judgement can be re-started if the plaintiff goes back to court.Is this true?
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

monicabang wrote:
So, since mine shows 7/02, it should fall off sometime in August of next year? I thought I heard somewhere that a judgement can be re-started if the plaintiff goes back to court.Is this true?

There are two SOLs: reporting SOL and legal SOL. In your situation, the judgment should fall off no later than 08/09. As for your state's legal SOL check the links below.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.