Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS Rewards for Good Credit vs Cap one Platinum for Fair Credit Pre approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS Rewards for Good Credit vs Cap one Platinum for Fair Credit Pre approval

My scores have been on the rise and I thought it would be good to add at least two cc's. I was recently approved for the Apple Card - $4,000 sl.  I have two Cap one cards but only one has auto cli increase.  The other one was the old HSBC Journey cc which was bought by Capital One.   This card never has cli and I am still at $750 over 5 years now.  I am an au on my husband's cap one, Discover and newly approved Amex Blue Cash Everyday card.  I have tried the pre approvals and cap one says they recommend the QS Rewards for good credit and the Platinum mastercard for fair credit.  I'm confused.  

Does this mean my scores are borderline?  EQ: 657 TU: 676 EX:691.  

Credit karma says my approval odds are very good for Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and good for US Bank.  Both I thought those cards you needed 700+ score.  I just don't won't too many inquiries on credit report. I have only one inquiry which is the apple card. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: QS Rewards for Good Credit vs Cap one Platinum for Fair Credit Pre approval

First, don't listen to Credit Karma odds. They're merely marketing.

Secondly, beware that a Capital One app will be a triple pull  (1 per bureau).

As for the preapproval, it's not that you're borderline, but the "QS for good credit" I believe is their lower "tier" QS. It has one APR: 26.99%, no 0% intro APR, and no sign up bonus.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: QS Rewards for Good Credit vs Cap one Platinum for Fair Credit Pre approval

Theres better cards out there that do single pulls. With a BK I'm limited on what I can get. I have no problem with my PayPal MC with 2% CB. Cash back builds up. Transfer to PayPal. Then transfer to my bank. Those old cards Cap1 took over never change. It helps with history and such. Its not doing any harm. But as better things come in over time. Thanks but no thanks. C-Ya!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.