cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUICK QUESTION.. What happens when a OC recalls the debt from a CA.

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: QUICK QUESTION.. What happens when a OC recalls the debt from a CA.

The OC hasn't ever reported at all and they refused payment from me when I tried to get them to recall originally. They told me that they still owned the debt but I had to work with the current collection agency but they were willing to authorize the CA to delete if I paid them. I'm PO'd because the CA seems to be ignoring the OC's authorization to delete. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be bringing in legal help on this one.
Message 11 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even if the OC owns the debt they don't have to work with you.  They can make you deal with the CA.

All the OC can do is ask them to delete but the CA really doesn't have to.

Message 12 of 19
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I realize that but the point is that the CA told me that if the OC would authorize them to delete then they would. The OC DID authorize them to delete via two emails. The Problem is, the CA DID receive these two emails, and they DID tell me that they would delete if they received these emails and they DIDN'T delete like they said they would. This is a breach of a verbal business agreement, therefore they broke the law correct?
Message 13 of 19
LordAthens
Established Member

Call or write the OC and politely ask them to furnish you a letter stating that they have recalled the CA.  BE POLITE, they are doing you a favor.  Go up the OC's chain if you have to, find a CEO's phone or address, but remember to be nice.

Once you get a letter from them stating that they have recalled the CA, fax that to the CA.  If they still won't do anything, start the dispute process with the CRA's that it is reporting to.  A phone call will likely bring faster results than doint an online dispute as you can tell the rep directly that the CA isn't playing by the rules of the OC.

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There isn't really anything to dispute.

Maybe a BBB complaint would work.

Message 15 of 19
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have several calls/emails to OC's awaiting replies as we speak asking for recalls.  A couple of them sound pretty positive like they may actually recall these from the CA's.  Fingers crossed!

Message 16 of 19
Shellie
Valued Contributor

WOW!! Just got a call from one of my OC's.  They recalled my debt! Woohoo!  So thrilled.  It's only one but I don't care.  I am stoked.  Should see it gone June 4, 2013.

Just a little info..

I have 3 PAID medicals to OC's I am awaiting a response saying if they will recall

one utility-just got the call that they are recalling

3 UNPAID medicals I'm waiting for the recalls on-I will then pay those off to the OC

I have one more utility to try and get a recall on.  I have only made one payment on this one to the OC so after I make a 2nd payment I will call asking for a recall.  Original balance on this one was $396 now at $296.  This is a much larger utility company than the other one so I'm not sure they will be so easy to work with-hence wanting to make another payment to show them that I do have intentions on paying them. 

Message 17 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 18 of 19
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Thanks-guiness56

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.