cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About CLI and 'luv button'

Phoenix55
Contributor

Question About CLI and 'luv button'

I am supposed to be in the garden, but after 3 months of really responsible use of my CapOne card and reading about CLI's and the LUV button, I just had-to-push-the-button.   The question 'monthly credit card expenditure' caught me by surprise. They increased me for the exact amount that would cover my reported monthly credit expeditures. I low-balled and sort of guessed. If I had input a higher and probably more accurate number, would my increase have been more? I assumed they were making an income to expense calculation? Tiny increase, but considering where I started, any CLI is a good sign. What are they looking for in that number?

Starting Score: 550's
Current Score: 680's
Goal Score: 750's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Adkins
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyyone have DP on LUV button?

You should ask this question is the regular credit forum. And capital one does SP for CLIs. You can ask every six months.
Last HP 09-14-2020

Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyyone have DP on LUV button?

you can ask for a CLI every day, you just cant get one more than every 6 months.

if your credit score goes up more than 50 points, check for new prequal from Cap One to get a better limit than your old card will ever reach.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2021.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship, Synchrony, Evergreen, & Venture

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.