Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Early Exclusion

tag
Bkewlbro
New Contributor

Question About Early Exclusion

Hello everyone! 

I only have one more baddie left on my reports and am up to a 675ish on all 3 agencies! I'm thinking about going for a early exclusion for my Wells Fargo that's set to fall off Oct. 2020. Is it best to call in to make the request or do you guys think it's be alright to try online? What's the odds that all 3 agencies will do it 4 months early? Any suggestions or past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Early Exclusion

@Bkewlbro wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I only have one more baddie left on my reports and am up to a 675ish on all 3 agencies! I'm thinking about going for a early exclusion for my Wells Fargo that's set to fall off Oct. 2020. Is it best to call in to make the request or do you guys think it's be alright to try online? What's the odds that all 3 agencies will do it 4 months early? Any suggestions or past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Where did you get that date. I find each bureau can vary.

I would pull all 3 CRs from annual credit report for free (no scores) and free to do weekly through 4/2021.

TU will list "estimated date of removal". You can call and ask a supervisor (frontline CSR cannot complete your request) kindly for EE, exactly 6 months before that date listed. So it is likely you can do it now, but you need to check the date on your TU CR from annual credit report. I recently did EE on June 1st for 8 TLs set to drop 12/20. Easy peasy.

EX will list "on report until". They EE 3 months early, but that date listed already has 2 months baked in. So, exactly 1 month prior to that date listed, you can call and ask for the dispute department, but be clear you are not disputing that account, but rather kindly asking for EE. If the date listed on annual credit report is in line with the date you gave, you can probably EE next month, but again double check because it could be sooner or later than you think, and you could possibly do it now!

EQ will have DoFD listed. Do nothing regarding EE with them. They have a 1 month EE they can do, but they mess things up drastically and are not worth it IMO for them to make matters worse. They also likely will fall off early, naturally (possibly 1-4 months before expected). So just leave that one alone.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Bkewlbro
New Contributor

Thank you for all the info! I pull all 3 reports once a month from experian.com, but I've kept all the paperwork on this WF repo and been looking forward to this EE for a bit over a year now since I've been working to fix my credit. MAN it feels GREAT to finally be in the home stretch! Me and my wife have been holding off on applying for a home loan until everything was taken care of. Hopefully getting this off will give me the bump I need to break my goal of 700 we've been aiming for before apply!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bkewlbro wrote:
Thank you for all the info! I pull all 3 reports once a month from experian.com, but I've kept all the paperwork on this WF repo and been looking forward to this EE for a bit over a year now since I've been working to fix my credit. MAN it feels GREAT to finally be in the home stretch! Me and my wife have been holding off on applying for a home loan until everything was taken care of. Hopefully getting this off will give me the bump I need to break my goal of 700 we've been aiming for before apply!

no problem! I also pull reports from Experian, but they do not have that info. I would definitely pull all 3 reports for free from annual credit report. They are the only place I found that give those specific dates and really helped with EE as the dates were different from what I expected.

Good luck! And fingers all crossed for the future home purchase! You are almost there!

Message 4 of 7
DaYooper
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

no problem! I also pull reports from Experian, but they do not have that info. I would definitely pull all 3 reports for free from annual credit report. They are the only place I found that give those specific dates and really helped with EE as the dates were different from what I expected.

@Anonymous- sorry to resurrect an old post, but this is the first post I came across that explains where to find this "on report until" date -- ie, not from what I pull daily from the Experian plan, but from annual credit report (ACR).

I have a collection that will fall off soon. TU says estimated removal is 04/2021 and EQ lists the DoFD as 05/2014. You're right, the report I see daily on the Experian web site does not have "on report until". When I saw this post, I pulled my report from ACR. This report, also, does not have it -- now I'm confused/concerned a bit.

Please see screenshot, is it supposed to be listed in that list somewhere? Maybe this CA does not report that date?

kb-on report until.JPG

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaYooper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous- sorry to resurrect an old post, but this is the first post I came across that explains where to find this "on report until" date -- ie, not from what I pull daily from the Experian plan, but from annual credit report (ACR).

I have a collection that will fall off soon. TU says estimated removal is 04/2021 and EQ lists the DoFD as 05/2014. You're right, the report I see daily on the Experian web site does not have "on report until". When I saw this post, I pulled my report from ACR. This report, also, does not have it -- now I'm confused/concerned a bit.

Please see screenshot, is it supposed to be listed in that list somewhere? Maybe this CA does not report that date?

kb-on report until.JPG

For some reason your SS does not look how my ACR EX CR looks.

This is how mine comes up:

Screenshot_20201028-231642_Drive.jpg

I wonder why your looks like?

Also, you are eligible to request EE from TU since they allow it up to 6 months early. EX and EQ is still much too soon for EE.

Message 6 of 7
DaYooper
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, you are eligible to request EE from TU since they allow it up to 6 months early. EX and EQ is still much too soon for EE.

That's the plan this week.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.