Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About PayPal Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question About PayPal Account

After all the work I have been doing on my credit over the past 4 months, I thought I had all the bad stuff taken care of, and that I would just be building time and paying on time going forward.  But, yesterday I received a phone call from Convergent.  It is about a PayPal account that was clsoed a little over 3 years ago.  

I was in conflict with PayPal because they sided with a customer who was fradulently disputing a payment for custom work that was done (with no problem and on time).  I walked away from the account with it in negative the amount they put it in over that...which was not easy because a) it also took some funds I had in there with it; b) I have not been able to use PayPal for other things that I would normally buy through them; and c) I had been using them since they first started...so I had to switch everything over to a new provider.  Many customers also preferred using PayPal...so, it caused some issues.

Anyway, like I said, Convergent is contacting me now.  

It is not on my report at all after the past 3 years, which now that I think of it seems odd since everything else I had ever messed up is.  Of course, I don't want it to be on my report, though.  With PayPal not putting it on my report, if I don't settle with them, I assume Convergent would put it on there?

Don't get me wrong...I have paid other things that I did wrong.  I just do not want to pay this one because I didn't do anything wrong, and it really irks me.  I tried for months to communicate with them about the matter back at the time that the customer had everything and there were no problems, but I guess they believed whatever lies he spun them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About PayPal Account

I understand your situation OP. One of my family members has a similar situation as you.

Dont worry, negative PayPal balance wont show on your credit report. 

Convergent just trying to collect the debt from you.

You dont need to do anything.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much for confirming this. Appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Convergent can slap you with a collections account.  That you do not want!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.