Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Re: Fingerhut Paymenrts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Re: Fingerhut Paymenrts

Anyone know if I make a payment prior to the due date with Fingerhut, will I still need to make another payment on the actual due date? My payment isn't due til 8/24 but thought I'd make a payment prior to that date. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
aphrodite871
Valued Member

Re: Question Re: Fingerhut Paymenrts

You can make a early payment. This is what I do on my cap one card. There is no limitations on how many payments you make during the month before the statement closes.
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some creditors do have limitations on the number of payments they will process per month.

Contact the creditor before assuming you can make unlimited payments.

A $ benefit in making multiple payments is that most creditors calculate interest based on the average daily balance, then multiplying that average by the number of days in the month.  Making multiple payments can reduce the average daily balance, and thus resulting in savings if you have accrued interest for the month.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read that if you make a payment prior to your due date with Fingerhut, it counts as an "extra" payment and you are expected to make another payment on the due date. That doesn't make sense but was wondering if that was true. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

No, if you make a payment before the due date you don't have to make a payment on the due date, assuming that the payment is at least the minimum amount due. The due date is the last today you can make the payment without penalty.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. that's what I'm hoping. I get paid mid-month and like to make all my payments in advance. I'd read some Fingerhut horror stories about people who paid early then got socked with a late charge because they didn't pay again on the due date.. guess we'll see. Thanks again!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
No, if you make a payment before the due date you don't have to make a payment on the due date, assuming that the payment is at least the minimum amount due. The due date is the last today you can make the payment without penalty.

+1 

Any payment made after your statement cuts will go to the minimum payment due before your next statement cuts. When DH had a balance with FH, we monitored the account closely online to make sure payments were posting and such. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.