Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Convergent / DirecTV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Convergent / DirecTV

My DW had an old DIrecTV account that was with Convergent.  I have been helping her clean up her credit, so I sent a TX DV to them.  In about 10 days, I got a bill from DirecTV and haven't heard from Convergent since.  DirecTV isn't reporting and we want to pay off the debt (however can't pay in full). Should we enter a payment plan with them, or try to get as much as we can together and offer to settle the account.

They haven't reported it ever.  I just want to make a choice that won't add a new entry on her report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Convergent / DirecTV

@Anonymous wrote:

My DW had an old DIrecTV account that was with Convergent.  I have been helping her clean up her credit, so I sent a TX DV to them.  In about 10 days, I got a bill from DirecTV and haven't heard from Convergent since.  DirecTV isn't reporting and we want to pay off the debt (however can't pay in full). Should we enter a payment plan with them, or try to get as much as we can together and offer to settle the account.

They haven't reported it ever.  I just want to make a choice that won't add a new entry on her report.

Pay DirecTV, as long as you set up a plan and stick to it, it should not get sent back to a collector.

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay DirecTV, as long as you set up a plan and stick to it, it should not get sent back to a collector.

If Convergent has been deleted from your report then yes make arrangements for payment with the OC. If Convergent is still on ask that the OC recall the collector in exchange for payments, the goal is to not have Convergent still reporting if you are paying the OC and of course the OC not reporting either and as Norman says if you are paying it would be highly unlikely they would send it back to another collector and it would also be highly unlikely they would start to report as it costs them money to do so.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input.  Convergent did delete the collection from all 3 CRAs so we will definitely look at a payment plan to get this finished.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we write them, or call them? I really want a paper trail, but I know that that may not be the best course of action. 

Message 5 of 8
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Jus an FYI to OP. DirecTV reports to NCTUE or National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange you can learn more about them here http://www.nctue.com/faqs. So your credit may be clean of any collections from DirecTV but when you go and apply for cable or other urilities like PG&E or even Cell phone service don't be surprised if they require you to pay a deposit because you are still listed as negative in NCTUE's database. Alot of people don't know about them but they are there.

For information on receiving your free report and/or freezing your report you may go here http://www.nctue.com/consumers 

NOTE: IF YOU FREEZE YOUR NCTUE REPORT THEN SOME UTILITY COMPANIES MAY REQUIRE YOU TO UNFREEZE BEFORE THEY WILL GRANT YOU SERVICE

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Should we write them, or call them? I really want a paper trail, but I know that that may not be the best course of action. 

Call  mke the deal and have them mail the agreement to you

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks GDale.

To the person who spoke on the reporting to the reporting for utilities. It isn't showing as ever being late on that report.  The charge is for a box that she left behind after moving and cancelation of services.  We have never tried to get DirecTV since moving, but have never required a deposit for any of our services.  I appreciate the information about that form of reporting though.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.