Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Early Exclusion

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Question about Early Exclusion

I have a crazy question about getting an Early Exclusion on an old debt.

I had a Vehicle Charge-Off years ago and on my credit reports it shows this will fall off December 2019. 

I have seen numerous times that Transunion will do EE 6 months in advance usually and July (Few days from now) it will be 6 months.

So here is the crazy question....Do I need to wait until July for this to be exact 6 months or could I call today and try to have it removed?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Early Exclusion

You can call today and ask.  The beauty of asking for a EE is you can call until you get someone that will remove it, although I don't think you will have any issues. 

Message 2 of 6
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the dumb question but thanks for the info!

Now what about EX...Anyone ever seen them do a EE earlier than 3 months?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely agree here!

My rebuilding journey is as close to the end as it can be, down to a couple lates. Everything else from my past has been cleaned up through constant contact and follow up.

For Early Exclusions, do as was mentioned. Hit the phone lines and call. Worst case is you get a no and then try back in a week or two.

EQ and Experian are a bit more of a pain so play that one with caution as I feel they take steps to make your life more difficult sometimes.

Message 4 of 6
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

*UPDATE*

I made the call to Transunion, asked for a supervisor, explained what I was trying to do and within 2 minutes they deleted it with no issues!!

Now I just wish Experian would do the same.

Message 5 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question but thanks for the info!

Now what about EX...Anyone ever seen them do a EE earlier than 3 months?

Not really, though I'm sure there are anectdotal stories around Smiley Wink

Also be aware that a few of us have had issues with EEs and EX.   Apparently they have been automagically removing at 3mos for a number of people (their "reporting until" date has three months built in in a number of cases).  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.