Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Fraud Alert placed on credit report

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Question about Fraud Alert placed on credit report

Can anyone tell me if a fraud alert on your CR can hinder your chances from being granted credit.  Alot of credit decisions are computer generated. If a fraud alert is on CR, will that cause the computer to automatically deny credit requests?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Fraud Alert placed on credit report

I think I read before...it shouldn't hinder anything...on the other hand...if you had a FREEZE placed...that would be another option...
Message 2 of 5
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

But if a person has a good enough score, I  "think" it can trick the computer and it will automatically approve.  BUt if the alert is there, doesn't that raise a red flag and forces an actual person to review the credit.  Am I correct?
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A FA can prevent a new creditor from pulling your reports and scores. If you decide to app, you will need to call the CRAs ahead of time and inform them of your intentions to app and with who.
Message 4 of 5
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

A fraud alert prevents creditors from accessing your report? Will a computer generated system automatically decline the application if your credit can't be viewed?  It's my understanding that I am supposed to be contacted before anyone can view my CR.  Does that make it harder to get approved since most places use computer systems to automatically review applications?  Some please give me a straight answer
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.